Does Liposuction hurt? (Photos)

im planning on going to Colombia to get a liposuction for my belly .i was reading and looks like that its painful as hell ! IM planning on doing it in January and get engaged in February, will i be able to wear a dress ? Im afraid now becauae of the pain and the swelling and bruisng issue . I live in israel and since the surgery in usa is expensive i donthave another choice than Dominican Republic. Im gonna do it at dr jose' mora . Your advices? Is it worth that pain they are talking about ?

Discomfort After Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. The amount of discomfort following a liposuction procedure can depend on several factors, including the doctor’s technique, your individual pain tolerance, and the progression of recovery. Overall, you can expect to be sore for the first several days. Swelling and bruising are also common during this time. Prescription pain medications are initially prescribed for comfort. However, after the initial two to three days of recovery, most patients do well with over-the-counter pain medications. For the safest and more effective results, I strongly recommend that you seek out a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon for your liposuction procedure. 

Does liposuction hurt?

Thank you for your question. Imagine that you’ve just returned from a hard work out at the gym for the first time in several months. The day after that workout, you would feel deep aching and throbbing sensations. This is what patients experience after undergoing a liposuction procedure — usually a throbbing or aching feeling that is easily tolerated with moderate oral pain medications.  Your recovery starts day one after surgery. Pain medications are usually only necessary for the first few days. On days four through fourteen you will still feel sore, but significantly less than you experienced on days two and three. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover

Liposuction hurts but minimally compared to what people think.  You will need both liposuction with skin removal for the best outcome. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction...What to expect?

Expectations post liposuction will vary from patient to patient and procedure to procedure. Pain tolerance is subjective and will differ from one individual to another. Additionally, depending upon he number of areas treated and the extent to which they are treated the procedure will be more or less painful.

Recovery will be dependent upon similar factors as post operative pain. Patients can expect a period of swelling and bruising which typically resolves over the subsequent 4-6 months (majority of which will resolve early with more subtle changes over the ensuing months). Patients will return to most activities of daily life within 7-10 days of surgery. Light exercise can begin at 4 weeks post-op and heavy lifting at 6 weeks. I recommend that patients wear compression for at least 6 weeks. Keep these points in mind as your plan for/schedule surgery.

Finally, it is vitally important that patients are educated about the risks of traveling abroad for procedures in order to minimize the likelihood of complications.  Patients are encouraged to check the credentials of any potential surgeon (foreign or domestic). To aid this, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons is developing a program to develop certification standards and recognize surgeons’ competency and dedication to patient safety (in a fashion similar to the American Board of Plastic Surgeons).  Patients and physicians should also be aware of the U.S. Joint Commission on International Accreditation which to date has accredited some 80 hospitals in 18 countries.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before my wedding

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry but what you will not like what I tell you - truly, my apologies but here it is.
  • You will be swollen after liposuction for six months.
  • You may not be able to wear any body-fitting dress months after liposuction.
  • Colombia and the Dominican Republic are two different countries -
  • There are problems with any long-distance surgery.
  • There are specific advisories against cosmetic surgery in the DR because of patient deaths and incurable infections in patients who have had elective surgery there.
  • I advise against all long-distance surgery unless you speak the language, know the country, know your surgeon and have family or friends in that country to help you afterwards.
  • If you carry out your present plan, you may do fine but you do this at your own risk.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Does Liposuction hurt?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. you are a good candidate for Liposuction you will have good.

results. Liposclupture means slimming, filling and reshaping specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits or transferring to desired areas. There are several techniques of liposculpture. Recently invented Nutational Infrasonic Liposclupture (NIL) system developed for solving several problems related with prior techniques using surgical incisions to remove excess fat tissue resulting in prolonged operation time, need of general anesthesia, more tissue damage, bleeding, higher complication rate, prolonged healing period and scarring.

It is especially affective in difficult and large areas like the abdomen, buttocks, back, upper arms thighs and knees and in such areas superior to Laser Lipolysis System which is designed to be applied in gentle parts of body. In NIL technique, a cannula having fluctuation, rotation, and vibration movements creating ultrasonic waves allows removing fat tissue gently and safely without harming any other tissues. The vibrations and ultrasound waves of the device releases stem cells adhered to fat cells. Released stem cells helps to healing process and results with natural and fresher look. NIL doesn’t require large incisions on skin but very small entering hole for the cannula as a result it is almost impossible to notice. Compared with surgical techniques, as there is no incisions during surgery, there is no fluctuations or bumps on skin after the procedure providing a smoother look. Additionally most recent simple and safe technique NIL is done under local anesthesia in most application areas so that patient can return normal activities the next day.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

First, I would have the surgery near your home.  This will allow for appropriate post-op care.  Second, I performed lipo both under local and under anesthesia. There is some post-op discomfort but it is usually not too bad.  You will still be swollen one month out from the procedure.

Does Lipo Hurt?

Your post operative experience is dependent on a number of things: the surgical and anesthetic technique, the areas treated, your body's interpretation and threshold of pain, and the medications afterward to name some. In my practice, most patients describe it as if you went to the gym and worked out with a trainer for the first time ever. You're sore but it's manageable.  Occasionally patients fall in one or the other end of the spectrum: "super easy" verses "painful." Talk to your surgeon about your concerns 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Pain after liposuction

Pain is a highly subjective issue.  However, most pain is gone after a few days provided that your liposuction is performed as a stand-alone procedure by a highly qualified, well-trained plastic surgeon.  Take note that some patients even described the discomfort not as an actual pain, but more like a severe case of sunburn. 

I hope that helps and good luck.