Should I have a hair transplant as soon as my hair starts thinning?

I tried Minoxidil for half year I think I saw results but I thought it was my own hair so I stopped and after 3 months I saw I'm getting thin hair again.. so I started it for a while and forgot about it then I started to see more thinning hair... in a huge Light I can see my scalp but when there are a normal light my hair is perfect.. but usually I stand against the mirror with Spotlight on me, when I step back I can see full hair,,, also when I use Vulome product I'm perfect anywhere.. HELP ?

Early balding/thinning

Your biggest enemy is the progressive balding that you might have in the next 5 or so years. The degree of balding that you are showing would suggest that before you undertake a hair transplant, you try the drug finasteride for one year. Get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the progression or if you successfully stopped or reversed it because you need to get insights into your immediate and long term future. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern which the Bulk Measurements will show over a one year time frame, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  If you want "help" you need to see a doctor in person.  You cannot receive treatment on the Internet.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

GreetingsThank you for your question, ı recommed that you do the Stem cell injection treatment.Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant at the first sign of thinning?

No, most experienced surgeons would argue that that is exactly the wrong time to have a hair transplant, but rather the time to focus on medical treatment to prevent further losses. This is especially important if you are still in your 20's. You say you think the minoxidil was working, so why stop? If you are a man, and you have genetic hair loss, a more effective treatment would be finasteride (though the combination of finasteride and minoxidil would probably be even more effective). The best thing would be for you to see a hair loss expert for a proper evaluation--you'll be able to get more meaningful advice than you can get online.Thanks for your question--I hope this was helpful.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon