Can Biotin in high dosages cause faster hair growth?

If i take biotin in high dosage like 2500mcg +, my hair growth rate can be faster? I see a lot of people report that high dosage of biotin caused them for faster hair growth. Is there a risk to take high dosage of biotin daily? I found in the internet biotin in high dosage not dangerous because it can be dissolved by the water and get out of the body by urine.

Vitamin Complex

You can use vitamin+mineral complex tablets like viviscal or perfectil .Biotin alone ,daily use is safe but the effect in compare with vitamin complex tablets its lower.

Vitamin Complex

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dosages should be within the Normal Limit.

Thanks For your Question.

Dosages within the normal limit cause best results & its seldom that higher dosage will leads to faster hair growth. It has not been proven yet.

Satya Kumar Saraswat, MBBS, MS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Thanks For your Question.

Biotin: better nails but falls short on hair

Biotin is fairly safe under 5000 mcg per day on account of its water solubility. It can help the nails be stronger. I'm not a big believer in their benefits for hair. No study in humans has ever supported such a claim.