Can I get ankle liposuction despite my good BMI?

Im a 21 year old female and i've got large fat swollen ankles,went to a plastic surgeon for consolation ,after weighting me and calculating my BMI and having a look at my fat legs he said that they are not fat as i think and im too skiney to be considered for a liposuction knowing that being skinny has nothing to do with the stubborn fat in my ankles, i was very disappointed but then i thought i might hear another answer if i see another doctor

Liposuction with low bMI?

Thank you for asking about your ankle liposuction.
  • I am sorry your concerns were so lightly dismissed at consultation.
  • Can you post photos of your legs and ankles ? Without seeing the problem, one can't give you much help. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello,  thank you for your question.  We will appreciate if you post some pics.  Sometimes the ankles can retain certain amount of fat but this issue is often seen in overweight patients.  Please let us see photos of your ankles for a more accurate answer.  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Ankle liposuction

Liposuction of the ankles does work quite well if the problem is fat. Without photos it is hard to say if this is the case for you. I would suggest you repost with photos or get another consult. Hope this helps.

Karen Quigley, MD