After surgery; two weeks looks great, 2 month puffy again? (Photos)

im two months post op the surgery. two weeks after the surgery my nipples look just fine, now two months after the surgery they little bit puffy again. i gained 2-3 kilograms after the surgery... maybe thats the problem? if i will cut the fat again my nipples will look fine again ?

Cut the fat

It appears that you have fat deposits around the breasts that are affecting your overall results. I suggest you lose the weight and if the problem persists you'll need revision surgery to address the gland and or the fat. 

DrBurnett#realself100

After surgery; two weeks looks great, 2 month puffy again?

You may be experiencing a seroma. check with your surgeon or seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Swelling 2 Months After Male Breast Redution

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Looks normal to me. also 2 months you will still have swelling present

you really need to allow closer to 6 months before assessing things like nipple swelling. many things that look problematic will settle with more time. 

hang in there.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon