3 weeks after gynocomastia surgery, mix feelings. (photos)

i did the surgery 3 weeks ago. the surgeon told that all went fine and its a perfect resultד. my right chest get better every day. but my left looks deformed bellow the nipple, my nipple not flat like the skin dont stretch yet, and like its still got some gland. i add right and small pictures. do you think at the left Nipple its just a moment swellness, and the deformed bellow the nipple its just momentary??(my docter say that all will be ok over the time) thank you very much

You are still in early stages of healing.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions like wearing the compression vest and wait a few more months for final results.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery Results at 3 Weeks

I know that it is hard to be patient after surgery, but it is too soon to see your final result. Hopefully you are wearing a compression vest for 4 to 6 weeks, it is important to follow your surgeons instructions. Good luck

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynocomastia

Hi,

Thank you for your question. 3 weeks is really too soon to tell how the final results will look. I would contact your surgeon with any concerns that you may have. This procedure usually takes 3-6 months for the results to really show.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Recovery post gynaecomastia procedure

Thank you for your question and pictures.

Is still very early to judge the result but my feeling is that I agree with your surgeon that things are still settling and will take a while before you see the final result. Be patient, massage gently and give about three to six months for the result to come.

Best wishes

Mr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post Gynecomastia Surgery Healing and Expectations

It's still early in your healing. Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.