Isolaz for Redness and Large Pores?

I am mainly interested in ridding my face of redness (mostly from broken vessels), and making my pores smaller. Is Isolaz for me, or would another treatment be better?

Isolaz for redness and large pores

Isolaz is best used for patients with active acne. To address facial redness and pore size, other treatments are recommended. Several options include Laser Genesis, IPL and Excel V. In order to determine what is best for you I recommend having a consultation with a board certified dermatologist.

May not be the best treatment

Primarily, Isolaz in a good treatment option for active acne. In my experience, many patients that undergo Isolaz treatment also do see an improvement of facial redness and reduction of pore size. These effects, however, are not primary goal of Isolaz treatment.  There are, however, many therapies that specifically target the pore size as well as broken vessels. 

Chang Son, MD
Fort Lee Dermatologist

Isolaz for Redness and Pores

In my opinion, Isolaz is excellent for improving pores (both size and numbers) as well as active acne, textural issues, tone, discoloration, sun damage and age spots.  I do not feel that it significantly improves redness related to telangiectasia (broken blood vessels).  There are better treatment modalities for redness and broken capillaries such as electrodessication (superficial light burning) and other lasers. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist for evaluation of your redness and discussion of treatment options. 

Clear and brilliant is a great choice for pores and redness

In my practice we frequently combine Isolaz with Clear and Brilliant to initially treat active acne and the treat the enlarged pores and the inflammatory erythema. Results are better than anything else we've ever seen.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon