Will I need an anchor lift with implants? I would like implants and a lift with the least amount of scarring. (photos)

5'10", athletic, 155lbs, breast fed one child 13 years ago.

Will I need an anchor lift with implants? I would like implants and a lift with the least amount of scarring.

Great question but the answer depends on your goals!  It's difficult to make recommendations on 1 photo alone without examination, but depending on the volume of the implant that you choose you may be able to get away just with a augmentation and vertical mastopexy (lollipop type scar).  If you want a small implant you may need a full lift; if you are amenable to a slightly larger implant you may be ok with just a vertical lift. If you try to use an implant alone without lifting, you can often be left with an augmentation but some laxity of the breast tissue on top of the implant that looks a little off and droopy.  In many cases, the scars from breast lifts heal beautifully and are minimally perceptible after a year.  I put all of my patients on a specific scar care program after surgery that helps to reduce the appearance of scars. Please make sure to consult with board certified plastic surgeons for best recommendations! Good luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I'm not positive you would need a lift

I think (I am saying "think" because I have no idea what your goals are or the quality or measurements of your tissues...) that with the right implant, you may not need any lift.  The shaped devices distribute more of a given volume to the lower portion of the breast and can fill out the deflated breast very nicely without adding a lot of cleavage that some women feel is the "augmented" or "fake" look.  if you are looking for a more natural shape to your breast, that would be my recommendation.  Depending on the relationship of your fold to your nipple and the quality of your tissues, you may not need a lift IF the right implant is chosen.  If you need skin tightening and not a true lift, that can be done typically with a circumareolar incision (I am not a fan of this technique for lifts though).  I think you would get a beautiful result with the right decisions from you and your surgeon.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift and implant

I think you would do well with an augmentation and lollipop lift.  This type of lift gives a superior final shape and I think is well worth the scar. Good luck.

Type of Breast Lift with Augmentation

I have not done an anchor breast lift with an implant procedure in many years and you do not appear to be any different from my usual patient. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who does both procedures at the same time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Will I need an anchor lift with implants? I would like implants and a lift with the least amount of scarring.Will I need an anch

Based on the ONLY 1 posed photo my over the internet guess is YES a FULL LIFT is recommended. Best to seek only in person opinions from boarded private practice PSs in SOUTH FL. 

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it appears unlikely that you would need an anchor shaped scar breast lift with implants.  If anything, you may need a lollipop incision breast lift.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to get a complete evaluation.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS