Few transplanted hairs are growing, some have shed; is it normal?

40 days post-op, I have shed almost 60-70% of the transplated hairs but remaining hairs are still there and growing, is there something to worry about? Also the transplated area is still numb. I had Strip method. Thank you

Growth at 40 days

At 40 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 month for 80% of the growth to show up

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon