I'm 19, male, losing my hair, top crown and front, I need help I'm really worried :/

Started noticing hair fall for more than 2 years ago. No ones bald in my family. Dad began losing hair after 45. My 2 brothers(14,17) dont have hair issues. I used to straight my hair when i was 17. Is the straightening to blame? I have tried all natural remedies. Non worked. In just 2 years ive lost almost half my hair. I used to have a head full of hair. I need help and advice for damaged hair.

PRP treatments for hair restoration

Look into PRP hair treatments which uses platelet rich plasma and injected into the scalp area to increase blood flow and stimulation. Typically in my office I recommend four treatments, once a month, for best results. There is also LaserCap which is cold laser that uses 224 lasers for bio stimulation and helps with thinning and hair loss. You are very young and are a good patient for both of these treatment modalities to see good results.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

19 with hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon