Is Velashape a Good Cellulite Treatment?

Is Velashape a good one? What other cellulite treatments is it comparable to?

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Good treatments for cellulite

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment.

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Cellulite? Then VelaShape could be for you!

VelaShape is a fantastic treatment remedy for cellulite. It is strongly recommended to drink lots of water, eat healthy, and exercise to extend the results of the procedure. The most common treatment plan for those maintaining the results of VelaShape after the initial 6 treatments, is 1-2 treatments every 2-4 months.

Best treatment is Cellulaze

The most efficient cellulite treatment is Cellulaze. This is a minimally invasive cellulite reduction treatment that has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Cellulaze fo cellulite treatment

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite treatment

Endermologie® is a non-invasive procedure that is used to reduce cellulite, tone the skin and increase circulation. Endermologie takes place during a series of 35 to 45 minute sessions, during which rollers and gentle suctioning are applied to deeply massage the affected areas. Endermologie helps your body to expel toxins and abnormal water buildup while stretching the connective fibers under the skin. Learn morehttp://www.heddenmd.com/html/spa.html#endermologie.

During VelaShape™ cellulite treatment, the technician will apply the VelaShape™ hand piece over the areas to be treated. Some clients experience a mild pinching sensation on the surface of the skin which can be eliminated by adjusting the tension of the rollers. There are no adverse side effects, and you’ll be able to return to your regular activities right away.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Velashape an excellent FDA approved alternative for cellulite

We have been very pleasedwith theresults we have been getting with the Velashape traetments for cellulite.  As long as your expectations are realistic, our patients have been overwhelmingly satisfied.