Hole that keeps bleeding. (photos)

Had a breast reduction two weeks ago, went to the surgeon a week after and noticed I have a Lil hole that keeps bleeding underneath. It's also very hard and still bruised. He has me coming back this week to get checked again but hoping it's nothing serious

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

two weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.

Kind regards 

Breast reduction - bleeding in lower incision, hard and bruised

Thank you for asking about your breset reduction.

You have a small area that has opened - it will heal fine. but if you are draining blood through it, you may have a hematoma (a blood clot) draining through the incision. Your surgeon should check you for this and if necessary, drain the hematoma.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast wound

Karissa,

Thanks for the question and the photos.  Sorry you are experiencing some issues.  The open area you are dealing with is the most common area that can open after breast redcution surgery.  The wounds usually get a bit larger, then close slowely over a month or so.

Continue following up with your Plastic surgeon and keep the wound clean and dry.

Best of luck.

Dr. Y

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Bleeding

It looks like you have some delayed healing at the "T" incision. Often local wound care is all that is needed for these to heal. Best to follow closely with your surgeon.