Sternum pain after strained pec muscle. 6 weeks post BA

i think I sprained pec muscle 4 days ago by pulling heavy heavy door that had negative pressure at my work with my right arm. If I knew the door was heavy enough would not open one arm, I would not put my effort to try to open. But I did not know and assumed it would open. But it did not. I felt pain when I tried to open it. Even normal people can not open the door with one arm when the negative pressure set in. Now I have occasional pain during the day. Sternum Pain in the morning last 2 days.

Breast pain after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should simply go see your plastic surgeon. Your PS can examine you and put your mind at ease.

I hope you found this helpful.

Muscle strain due to exertion may occur more easily in the peri-operative recovery period

Torio,

This sounds like just muscle pain due to strain while you are recovering from the procedure. This may happen a bit more frequently if muscles were cut during the procedure, but in any event it should be self-limited, and responsive to simple analgesics like ibuprofen. Ask your surgeon if you have questions, though.
I hope that this helps.

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Breast Augmenation

It sounds like you had some irritation, hopefully nothing more.  It is wisest to apply ice, rest, and follow up with your PS for an exam.  

Sternum pain

Hopefully it is just a strain.  See your plastic surgeon so you can be examined and advised.

You obviously should avoid any heavy activity during the healing process.

Breast pain

I appreciate your question.
Your muscles are still in a tender state after implants.
Most likely its a strain but I would recommend follow up with your PS.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Sternal pain

You should be careful since you are still relatively early post-op.  Hopefully it is just a strain.   Best of luck.

Pectoral pain on exertion common in the first two months following submuscular BA

Submuscular breast augmentation involves partial detachment of the bottom portion of the pectoralis major muscle to permit a pleasant contour to the bottom of an augmented breast.  As a result muscle discomfort can arise and be accentuated with exertion for two months.  Rest assured the symptoms you have described are common and will soon resolve.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon