What type of rhinoplasty should I get? (Photos)

My nose is very fat and meaty. In addition, it is slightly curved. As I am East Asian, most people have noses that curve up. However, mine is an unattractive Aquiline shape. What can I do to reshape it?

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Asian rhinoplasty in the male?

Asian rhinoplasty in the male? The changes you want can be achieved by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Choose one that does natural results and not the overdone look.

Ethnic rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear loremipsum123, You will require a rhinoplasty that will add some cartilage to the radix area, reduce the nasal width with weirs, refine the tip and narrow the bridge. During consultation imaging can be provided that will allow you to see these changes. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

From the photos provided, it appears you will need to have the bridge and tip completely reshaped. This might include augmenting the upper portion of your bridge (in between the eyes) at the same time as increasing your tip projection. Make sure you consult with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons who have dedicated experience in managing Asian noses. I would stay away from any silicone implants. Best of luck!

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The best way to answer is your question is for you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Photos only tell part of the story. Examination is key and assesses the quality of skin, the septum, and the framework of the nose. 

Susan Kaweski, MD

You may require both rhinoplasty and non-surgical rhinoplasty techniques.

Dear loremipsum123 in Irvine, California:

Your case is not a simple one, and I think you understand that. I think what you want to do is have consultations with several surgeons who are very experienced in rhinoplasty, particularly with ethnic noses. Sometimes some changes can be made that are very significant without surgery. We are talking about both non-surgical office treatments that allow to raise, flatten, or depress area and other which can actually shrink some of the tissue usually in conjunction with a surgical procedure. Obviously, you would like to have the bump removed from your nose, and that is surgical. The refinement would be a combination of surgical and nonsurgical means.

Do some good homework before you go for consultation. Visit a lot of a websites. Read a lot of reviews. At consultation be sure to have computer imaging, which is the single most important feature of a consultation after the discussion with the surgeon. Whatever homework you do ahead of time will be more than rewarding.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Over 4,500 nasal procedures performed

Robert Kotler, MD

What can I do to make my nose smaller?

From the photos it is hard to tell exactly what your nose looks like except that you have very thick skin. So, you will not get a lot of definition or refinement of your nose but you should be able to make it fir your face more which is my goal with nasal surgery.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

To achieve a refined nose, recommend seeking a surgeon who is experienced in ethnic noses. Before and after photos should help you determine what to expect.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

Please consider an open rhinoplasty

You are going to have to get an open rhinoplasty and will require rib grafting for:
1)diced graft to be placed over the radix region.
2)strut graft in your tip to provide projection.
We are now using MTF organ donated rib grafts thus avoiding need to harvest yours.
You will have an amazing result. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump and narrowing the bridge and narrowing the tip.  An alar plasty is required to narrow wide nostrils. When patient's have a low  radix, a cartilage graft can be inserted in this area to give the illusion of a longer nose. For many examples and  more information, please see the link and video below