Is a tummy tuck the best way to fix and get a smooth looking stomach from aggressive liposuction. (photo)

About 12 years ago I had liposuction. The doctor was too aggressive and my belly is extremely lumpy and I feel very uncomfortable in a swimsuit, I am tired of wearing cover ups. I feel like people can tell its lipo gone wrong. Can this be fixed?

Is a tummy tuck the best way to fix and get a smooth looking stomach from aggressive liposuction.

Sorry to hear about this issue after your surgery. Unfortunately, overly aggressive liposuction can cause irregularities of the skin.You will require a revision surgery, that may include taking fat from another area of your body using it to fill in them dimpled areas. Liposuction revision is a challenging procedure, so make sure that you go on several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons.  

Revision Liposuction

Thanks so much for your question and photo.   Sorry to hear about your past liposuction experience.  I've seen patient with similar irregularities after liposuction or are much improved by revisional liposuction alone or in with combination with fat transfers in the areas with deeper indentations.  Though a more invasive and longer surgery and recovery, a tummy tuck can also improve the contour irregularities and make your abdomen more smooth.  Hope this helps...best of luck!Joyce C. Chen, MD

Revision Liposuction

It is possible to correct the irregular contour after a liposuction.  It requires skills and experience to properly process the remaining fat to create more even contour.  You might not need a tummy tuck, but only an in person evaluation can determine the best surgical option. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy lipo

I have seen many cases like yours.  It is possible to smooth out the skin with a tummy tuck which will pull the skin tight and smooth.  However, the tummy tuck involves scars which you need to consider, but it will make the skin smooth.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for revision liposuction with fat grafting to help correct the contour irregularities.  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Complication of liposuction

Thank you for the question but an accurate answer will require an in person examination.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and become informed.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD