Is Sculpsure a option for uneven lipo? Any board certified plastic surgeons in OC who perform this in their office? (Photo)

I had lipo in 2013, entire abdomen was treated. Yet, they were too aggressive on lower & mid belly, which resulted in a horizontal shelf across the center of my stomach. I've looked into CoolSculpt, but read a lot of reviews of unevenness due to the applicator. I know Sculpture is a newer procedure but it seems the laser distributes slightly beyond the applicator making for a more even result? Also looking for board certified surgeon in SoCal who offers this? Only looking for subtle improvement.

I see what you mean

Based on your photos, I do see the suggestion of the  irregular residual from liposuction. I agree with you about Coolsculpting in that you can get a "divot" effect from where the applicators are located. The innovation of Sculpsure is the lateral diffusion of the laser energy from where the applicators are located. This should create a smooth transition. Truthfully you may not need more that one treatment with 2-3 zones. I would then wait 8-12 weeks and see what that looks like. At that point you may benefit from some radio-frequency skin tightening if you have any residual loose skin. Now in regards to who should do it....I would look for the physician with the most experience in your area doing SculpSure (which may not necessarily be a plastic surgeon). 

Sculpsure Candidate

You appear to be a great candidate for Sculpsure. You are correct regarding Cool Sculpt. It does not have the feathering like Sculpsure. Our patients that were previously treated with Cool Sculpt are loving their Sculpsure results.

SculpSure is the best option

Based on your images, SculpSure is most likely the ideal procedure following your liposuction procedre  The area would need to be evaluated in-person by a doctor to make sure the the unevenness is fat and not muscle.  Given that SculpSure is a heat-based procedure, the lateral diffusion from the heat is the best option when treating unevenness from liposuction. 

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

Is Sculpsure a option for uneven lipo?

Yes, in fact, it may be one of the best options for touch-up post-lipo, because the 4 handpieces allow for versatility to customize the treatment zones to meet your needs. And it avoids all the post-treatment side effects commonly seen with Coolsculpting, including pain, swelling, bruising, numbness or nodularity. Since your involved areas are isolated, and relatively small, you would be an ideal candidate, and should expect very good results.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

SculpSure to the Rescue!

I believe SculpSure would be a great non-surgical option to fix the small buldge of fat left behind from your liposuction.  A small area like yours would be a great  candidate for SculpSure.  I believe you would be very happy with the results.  Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

SculpSure is more versatile than CoolSculpting?

SculpSure is likely one of your best non-surgical options for managing small areas of uneven fat distribution. The applicators can be configured for a variety of contouring needs. A big advantage is not needing to pull (suck) the tissues into an applicator for effect. Our early experience with SculpSure is that there are fewer problems with sharp edges to the treated and untreated areas. Furthermore, using heat rather than cold results in fewer unwanted tissue injury and some potential for tissue firming. We have tried them all and elected to offer SculpSure to our patients over the competition.

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure

Sculpsure can help with the general uneven area.  For the smaller areas, an injected fat dissolver will help with that.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Uneven lipo fix

SculpSure is great at touch ups due to the four small applicator system that can be variable in placements. Go to Cynosure website and put in your zip code under "find a doctor" under SculpSure. There are multiple providers in your area or down in my North San Diego County area.

SculpSure as a touch up procedure

SculpSure is ideal as a touch up procedure following liposuction and other body contouring procedures (tummy tucks, arm lifts, thigh lifts).  SculpSure is the world's first FDA indicated laser for non surgical contouring of the abdomen and flanks.  It utilizes a laser set at 1060 nm that is absorbed by subcutaneous fat cells causing their disruption and subsequent elimination by the body.  There are 4 applicator heads measuring 4" by 6" and can be used separately or in conjunction with each other.  If you have a small localized area, then maybe only one or two applicators are needed, this would keep the cost down.  The treatment time is only 25 minutes and there is no down time.

Dr Grant Stevens in Marina Del Ray has a SculpSure machine and you can contact his office for more information.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure can help

SculpSure is useful in many cases after liposuction surgery.  An exam is necessary, but further contouring can be achieved via placement of the applicators.
SculpSure heads include contouring, and will help with transitions.

Dr. Denkler