Is the pocket too big if one breast falls further to the side than the other? (Photo)

I'm two months post op. My breasts are not the same size. It's noticeable to me and bothers me a bit, but trying to deal with it. After all the swelling went down and I'm able to move around more while laying down, I noticed my bigger right breast falls to the side more than my left. Is this normal or something that will need revision down the line?

Breast Falling to Side after Breast Aug

In examination by her surgeon for a second opinion by board certified plastic surgeon is indicated to give you the best opinion. However,2 months is too soon to understand what her final results will be. Some surgeons will have their patients wear a bra that restricts implant movement to the side for a few months to see if this will be corrective.

Mild asymmetry exists when on your back

but when upright, you look fantastic.  So you have to decide if its worth the risks, costs, and potential complications to have this 'revised' realizing that revisions can always overdo or underdo the result.  I don't think it is worth it and would focus on enjoying your new look.  By the way, if someone ever complains that you look 'funny' when on your back, they are not worthy of your time and love.

Curtis Wong, MD

May improve with suport

Thanks for your question. You have a nice result overall. The slight differences you see both standing and while supine could be from preoperative asymmetry, pocket dissection during the surgery, differences in healing or fluid buildup after the surgery and scarring. You should wear a good support bra at night for 3 months, and have a close relationship with your surgeon to follow  your progress.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Sliding breast augmentation.

Hello mynewbody11. You have lateral displacement of the right breast implant. This is common and in your case, currently, does not appear extreme. It may get worse over time. Using a bra to support the breast implant while sleeping may reduce chances of getting worse, but not make the pocket smaller. Revision surgery is something you can discuss with your PS, but I think it's unlikely at this time you will need it. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast implant

Hi, you seem to have a good result in terms of the increase in volume, the assymetry you are noticing could well be a preoperative assymetry that gets exaggerated because of the implants, I am sure a visit to your PS will clarify.
hope this helps, do keep us posted
warm regards
Dr Prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Augmentation Surgery

Thank you for the photos.  It would have been great if we could also have seen your before photos.  Anyhow, looking at your after photos, I agree you have some asymmetry that is apparent.  The right breast does seem to sit a tad bit lower and off to the right.  This may have been an asymmetry to you started with or perhaps one that is the result of surgery.

Usually I ask my patients to wear a sports bra to bed to help keep the implants from migrating laterally over time.  There is no support laterally, just skin and breast tissue, so if a larger implant is placed there will be a tendency over time for the implants to displace laterally.

I would recommend continued follow up with your plastic surgeon and discussions.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Thank you for the photo and question but it reall requires an examination to answer so see your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Is the pocket too big if one breast falls further to the side than the other?

I recommend that you review your before photos as well. Sometimes, the asymmetry is related to your starting point and sometimes it's because of an improper pocket size. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Is the pocket too big if one breast

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... it steel to soon to tell because the swollen... But yes, there is an asymmetry, I would need to se your before surgery photos to get on a conclusion... but there is some pocket issue to be attempt. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Thanks for your question. I do think you have some mild assymetry when laying down, but all breasts should fall to the side at least somewhat when in a laying down position. The same thing happens without breast implants. I recommend to my patients to wear a well-fitted underwire bra that "hugs" the crease under the breast and supports the tissues laterally all the time for the first 6 months after the procedure. I think you can wear a sports bra at night instead of the wire bra if it's more comfortable, but continued support "externally" I think is important. I would not think you will likely need a revision. I would talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  Good luck!