The injected silicone on face would continue to move downwards or droop even after 10 years from injected date .

I had Silicon injected to my cheek more than 10 yeas ago and 3 years ago the left side of my face started to move down and even when I pushed it by finger, it moves up close to my eyebrow and it might move somewhere else as well because looks soft liquid. one doctor suggested ultrasound removal but the other suggested removing by outpatient surgery. I am looking for a professional to have it done.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Silicone Injections in Face

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

Silicone can migrate, the inflammation can occur in different places that is when the patient perceives that the volume of the area has increased or became hard. The surgeries with ultrasound do not work, on the contrary, they worsen the patient. In this case, to remove the substance, a proper surgery should be performed by cutting.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Seek an expert for silicone removal

There are many methods to remove silicone filler. It all depends on the type of silicone and the Grade of tissue reaction. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS