Do I need full facelift for more dramatic change?

I am 60 years old female. Good skin good elasticity, medum skin tone, look younger than my age. What is the best option for a dramatic look. Ps. I don't like the filler look and rounded cheeks.

What is a Full Facelift?

The best facelift operation is one that takes into consideration your bone structure, the quantity and distribution of facial fat, your skin elasticity and the degree of gravitational sagging. Please don't get married to facelift terminology as it is rarely consistent from surgeon to surgeon. Most patients at age 60 would benefit from an operation that corrects the cheek, jowl and neck together. Many surgeons refer to this as a "full facelift". Hope that helps.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

What kind of facelift do I need?

The terminology for various facelift techniques can be very confusing to patients.  It's not exactly clear what you mean by "full facelift," but based on the description of yourself and your desired result a facelift is likely a very good option for you.

The most appropriate decision would be to meet with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area for an in person consultation.

David W. Rodwell III, MD
Charleston Facial Plastic Surgeon

An in person exam is needed to determine the procedures to give you the best result. It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a facelift. Although I've done this work for over 35 years, photos and consults are needed to properly diagnose a patient. A good place to start is with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).  Consult with highly trained experienced surgeons for a natural facelift.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Do I need full facelift for more dramatic change

A facelift is a great technique for elevating the cheeks, correcting jowls and tightening redundant skin of the neck and under the chin. If these are the issues that bother you then a facelift may be the only effective technique. Fillers are often used for filling wrinkles or adding volume to an area, for example in the cheekbone region. At your consultation, your plastic surgeon will discuss with you the various therapies and expected results with each. He or she will review your objectives and will tailor a management plan to your needs.

Facelift for a dramatic look

So far things sound pretty good...good skin elasticity, look younger than your age. Additionally, those bode well for good results after a facelift. What is it exactly you are hoping to address? (Jowls, wrinkles, sagging skin, etc?)

A full consultation is going to give you your best answer, though posting some photos and describing your goals may help a little bit more on the Realself forum. 

Make sure to find a board certified surgeon, and consider consulting with more than one. 

Best of luck.

Facelift Candidate

Without photos or an in person exam, we would not be able to guide you properly. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

See a plastic surgeon

You are surronded by a lot of good plastic surgeons. See a couple of surgeons who can offer you all options. If you don't like fillers, you may be amenable to laser or a more modest variation of a facelift. At age 60 you probably need a surgery to have a dramatic result.

Stephan Finical, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for 60 year old face

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

Although at 60, most people will benefit from a face lift, it is totally dependent on the facial changes.

Some people truly keep their looks.
But I have seen many people - men and women - who thought they looked younger than their age, when in fact they looked older but had adapted to their appearance - until they had surgery and realized this.

I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for a facial evaluation and discussion of what treatments might be best for you. There is no need to have filler or fat injections if you do not want them done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information helps. Best wishes.

Most patients 60 years of age benefit from a full well executed facelift.

A well executed facelift in a 60-year-old patient yields predictably good results with very little risk. Consult the plastic surgeon for the particulars.

A photo or exam is necessary to properly answer your question. That said, if you have folds of skin along the jaw line and loose skin under your chin a full facelift  and neck lift is usually required. For more information please read the following link: