Is it capsular contracture? Could my left implant never have dropped? Hate the difference in the position of my nipples

I've been having a burning kind of pain/sensation on my left breast. My left shoulder , scapula and neck also hurt. Could it be related to my implants? Noticed that there's an obvious assymetry and my nipples are in totally different places . Can it be capsular contracture or is there a possibility that my left implant never dropped? Would you recommend an explantation ? I've had these silicone implants for almost 4 yrs now. My left implant is 421cc and right is 397cc.

Asymmetry of breasts

your breasts appear to be asymmetrical but this could be due to your asymmetry prior to surgery. It appears that your left nipple areolar complex is smaller and positioned more laterally than your right. If your breast feels hard, then you most likely have a capsular contracture. My advice is to return to your plastic surgeon for an examination.

Capsular contractures are pretty easy to appreciate

and it eventually will distort your breast shape to a ball like shape.  If your breasts pinch the same when pinching your mound from below, its not a contracture.  But you do have asymmetric nipples that were likely  that way prior to augmentation.  Your pre-op photos will reveal this if it was and if so, this is simply a reflection of what you started with.  Correction would require your lower areola to be raised with a mastopexy... this could be done in the office under local as well.  So how perfect do you wish to have them?  And are you willing to accept the risks, scarring, and costs of having a mastopexy?

Curtis Wong, MD

Why are my breasts different after my enlargement?

Your breasts may be different now because of several reasons including contracture but I suspect that you had asymmetry before your surgery with different position of your nipple areola and this was not addressed. Also, if you had a pregnancy and breast fed since then, this would also change. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Your right breast nipple is too low and larger than the left; you need a mini lift on the left to reposition your nipple and increase the lower pole length to match your left side. A consultation is necessary to provide you details regarding minor surgery to provide you better symmetry; Highly suggest physical therapy to help with symptoms on the left.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for the photo and question but an examination is needed.  So see your surgeon or other expert in the area
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD