What's the best Asian rhinoplasty approach to my bulbous nose? (Photos)

My nose is extremely wide and it flares out even more when I smile. I'm really curious to know possible procedures would help me yield the best effect for my nose. I'd want it to be thinner and more proportional my face and hopefully doesn't flare out as big when I smile.

Asian nose correction

Your best option for correcting your contour is to undergo:1)alar base reduction; 2)nasal tip refinement with strut graft reinforcement; 3)dorsal nasal augmentation; Both 2 and 3 can be managed using cadaveric rib graft that avoids the use of your own ribs. Please see examples of patients below.

Thick skin

you appear to have very thick skin and any surgeon should be aware of this and emphasise at length that you will only get minimal refinement due to this - you must lower your expectations for refinement even with a full open rhinoplasty 

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty for bulbous nose

Dramatic results can be achieved with Asian rhinoplasty, especially when rib cartilage is used by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.  The bridge and tip of the nose can be made much taller (6-7 mm) in a very predictable fashion.  The flare and width of the nostrils may be reduced with alar base modification.
It's important to keep in mind that although significant results can be achieved using synthetic grafts such as silicone, using autologous grafts (tissue from your own body) will yield the safest and most permanent results. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

What can I do to decrease the size of my Asian nose?

There are several things that can be done to decrease the size-bulk, width, flaring of your Asian nose. I meet with my patients on their complimentary consultation and listen to what they would like. Then, I explain the different procedures that could be done to try and achieve that and we make a plan together. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Asian nose

I think your best option is to add to your nose to give it more projection along the dorsum- that is bet accomplished with rib graft.  The other areas that you mentioned are usually fixed at the same time.  Make sure you consult with plastic surgeons who have experience with this operation.  Best Wishes!!

Asian Rhinoplasty

Hello,You would be best served with an open rhinoplasty, a rib graft for both bridge augmentation and tip projection, and tip refinement. Go visit a few surgeons expert in rhinoplasty.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your questions. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. However, it depends on the thickness of your skin and the anatomy of your nose that you already have. From the picture you provided, you are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. Results vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty or have had extensive experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

For improvement in the appearance of your nose you'll require an open rhinoplasty conservative "de-bulking " of the nasal tip, an extended rib cartilage graft to the bridge and tip grafts with suture techniques. See an experienced BCPS for treatment. Good luckDrBurnett#realself100

Asian rhinoplasty results?

all noses become wider on smiling and this part will not change.  However the tip can be refined and the projection increased along with narrowing the nasal base and removing excess subcutaneous tissue in your nose.  You may consider increasing the height of your bridge as well.  See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you examples of results you were likely to achieve in patients he has done.