2 months post Breast Augmentation, implants did not settle. Wise to release the muscle a little more? Advice? (photo)
Doctor Answers 17
2 months post Breast Augmentation, implants did not settle. Wise to release the muscle a little more?
Breast implants settle over the course of 3-6 months. I would wait until at least six months to consider a revision surgery. The implants will settle more with time and it's best to give them more time before you consider another surgical procedure.
Settle or surgery?
Drop and Fluff
You might also like...
Post Breast Augmentation options
It is wise to wait about three months to see how your implant will settle or drop. At that time you should speak with your surgeon and discuss your options. Based on the one picture the implant diameter may be too large for your breast anatomy. The nipple to lower breast crease distance is something that plastic surgeons evaluate during the pre operative stage. This crease sometimes has to be lowered during the procedure in order to accommodate the chosen implant's diameter. It's better usually not to lower the crease and just find an implants that has a smaller diameter but more projected in order to get you to your desired breast size.
Give it more time
Dr. Sean Kelishadi
Breast Augmentation 500cc Implant, Implants Too high
Thank you for your question. Your implants do appear to be sitting a bit high still, however you have to remember you are only 2 months post-op. You have a very small frame and used quite a large implant. It will take time for the muscle to stretch. I know it is hard, but you have to give them some time. I would suggest waiting 6 months (4 more months) before considering any revision work. Everything appears normal, so just give them some time.
I suggest waiting
Hi, and thank you for your question. 2 months is still early in the post-operative healing process, and 500cc are large implants. Your implants still have a lot of upper pole fullness, but they look like they are positioned well. Revision surgery always comes with risk, so it's important that the benefit outweighs the risk. At this point, I'd continue being patient and wait a few more months to let your tissue relax. 6-9 months is the earliest I would consider a revision.Best of luck,Dr. Weintraub
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.