When the scab came away there was a long white rubber like thing attached to it. What is this? (Photo)

I had a scab that wasnt healing where the drain hole was in my mons pubis I picked it and when the scab came away there was a long white rubber like thing attached to the scab it was about 1.5cm long and the hole started to bleed after is this something to worry about?

White rubber like

Hi and thanks for your question. Looking at your photo your scar looks fine but the drain site is not visible. It takes longer for them to heal just make sure to keep it clean and if there is any doubt talk to your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes

White rubber like

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes

Whitish substance near scab.

Fibrinous exudate is a normal part of healing. Because the drain created a narrow tunnel, this whitish rubbery material fills that space  during healing once the drain is removed. When you pulled the scab off you likely pulled out some of this material.  It is nothing to worry about. Try not to pick it any scabs. Best wishes to you!

Whitish substance near scab.

Rubber thing?

Sometimes at the site of the drain there is fibrinous material that can look rubbery. You should touch base with your surgeon.

Rubber thing?

When the scar came away there was a long white rubber like thing attached to it. What is this?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your tummy tuck.  Though a photograph would best identify the white rubber material, drains can produce immature scar tissue and a collection of fibrinous tissue that can look white and rubbery.  I would take the material to your surgeon's office so that they can best provide reassurance. 

Do you have a photo of this "rubber like thing"? Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.