What will my tuberous breast look like post-explanted? (photos)

3 years ago I had implants for my tuberous breast deformity with some scoring of the lower pole. They looked great at first. Then they 'dropped'. I realise now it was the shape and not the size of my original breasts that I disliked the most. I wanted to have little perky boobs. I currently have double bubble where my original breast tissue balances on top of the implant. I want to explanted but I'm worried what my boobs will look like. I'm 30 so I still want to feel attractive.

Breast implant removal - what will things be like after implants are removed?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • I am so sorry you are disappointed and I understand why.
  • If your implants are removed, your breasts will be wider and flatter than before.
  • You will need a breast lift but I am concerned you will not achieve the look you want.
  • What about discussing with your surgeon a much smaller implant and a better release of the tuberous breasts so they look natural with the implants.
  • The crease should be raised so the implants sit right behind the breast.
  • If you feel your surgeon is the right person to do this, look for a more experienced plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Removal

You might consider going down in size and letting the surgeon correct the double bubble deformity. Just removing the implants and lift may leave you with wide and flat breasts.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tubular explant

Explantation would lead to skin laxity and possible necessity for a breast lift and ateolar reduction. Seek plastic surgeon in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS