Am I suitable for liposuction, or will I need a tummy tuck? (photos)

I had 2 c sections within 13 months, 4 years ago now. Both babies were over 9lbs. I've been left with a horrible tummy and still look pregnant years later. Am I suitable for liposuction, or will I need a full tummy tuck? (Trying to avoid the latter if possible) I have very very few stretch marks on lower tummy only. I am 38 years old and need to lose 30 pounds prior to surgery. Thank you

Am I suitable for liposuction, or will I need a tummy tuck?

Based on your photos you are a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty. This procedure will get rid of the excess skin that sags on the lower abdominal area. This will stretch your skin enough to improve your body contour. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction/Tummy Tuck?

Great question! You would benefit from an abominoplasty (tummy tuck) judging by the photos you provided.  An abdominoplasty begins with an incision that is very low on the abdomen, most commonly just at the edge of the pubic hair line.  After the abdominal wall is tightened up, the skin and soft tissue which has been raised is now pulled down like a window shade and the excess redundant tissue is excised; thereby eliminating all of the laxity as well as the excess of overlying skin which had been stretched out. Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a more in depth evaluation. 

Liposuction/Tummy Tuck?

Liposuction for sagging tummy after two large babies?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• "Looking pregnant years after having babies is a good sign you need a tummy tuck.
  • Your muscles look stretched and your skin looks loose.
  • Losing weight is a great idea - you will get a better final result.
  • But liposuction alone is likely to leave you with more saggy skin and just as 'pregnant' looking because it is the muscles that need to be repaired.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Liposuction, or will I need a tummy tuck?

Hi

you will benefit from Lipoabdominoplasty with the tightening of the aponuerosis and recti sheath,go for it,you will be happy

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Hi

You would likely get your best result with a tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides and back.