Is it safe to get incision site wet in shower 21 days after TT? (Phtoo)

I am afraid it will loosen the skin of the incision site.

Bath and incisions

I usually have patients avoid a swimming pool or a bathtub for about 4 weeks or so. You are best to ask your surgeon.

Yes

At 21 days your incision should be properly healed to get it wet in the shower.  You can also probably start a scar treatment like silicone gel cream.  

Is it safe to get incision site wet in shower 21 days after TT?

Thank you for your question. Everything looks healing well and it is OK to take shower. Please also confirm with your surgeon.

Am I healing well after a tummy tuck

It looks like you are healing very well indeed. Nice even scar and placed low where it will be hidden under a bikini, congrats! With my patients, I recommend keeping ou of the bathtub for three weeks or until any open spots are completely healed over. So best to follow your surgeon's advice. Thanks for the inquiry!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Showering 21 days after tummy tuck?

There may be different schools of thought on this, but in our practice patients shower after just two to three days. We have long ago adopted a technique without drains and showering will make the recovery far more pleasant.

When To Shower After Tummy Tuck

Yes. Hygiene is essential to reducing the risk of infection. In fact, there are some surgeons who allow their patients to shower (not bathe or submerge/immerse) 24-48 hours after surgery as epithelialization (wound barrier) has taken place. Check with your surgeon. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your tummy tuck procedure.  Always best to clear any changes in your recovery with your surgeon but with no areas of wound compromise shown in your picture there should not be any reason that you can not get your incision site wet.  Hope this helps.

Check with your surgeon but at this point, a shower should be OK assuming everything else is healed. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Showering after surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. At this point in your recovery it is perfectly fine to get your incision wet in the shower. Only thing you should be aware of is to avoid submersing your incision in a bathtub or swimming pool until given the okay by your surgeon. Best of luck in the rest of your healing!

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Bathing post tummy tuck

Yes, you are beyond safe to get your incision wet in the shower at 21 days post op. Don't worry. Just avoid hot tubs or swimming pools for awhile. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon