Had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago but I hate it. Is it possible to do a revision on this nose? (Photo)

2 years ago I got a rhinoplasty in Turkey at 19. My nose had a bump and the tip was pointing downward but it looked symmetrical. I went to a big plastic surgery clinic. At the start I hated the bulbous tip but got used to it but now that I got contact lenses I notice it a lot more and it looks asymmetrical in pictures and from a distance even in real life. The question mark side look bulky and bulbous while the star side looks normal. I noticed this at other patients of that doctor too.

Yes, sure more improvements can be accomplished. See the morph I made.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_kikipalmtree.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that should be possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I made several changes to make your nose smaller. I elevated the tip, brought the tip back closer to your face, and tried to simulate narrowing the tip, too, although that simulation's harder to do on a profile view. The woman in the short video above had a revision rhinoplasty, where I shortened the nose quite a bit.

The good news for your nose is that these changes, particularly elevating the tip and bringing it back closer to the face, are some of the most predictable changes to make in a rhinoplasty, even a revision.

You should understand, however,  that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. The link also has a discussion of how to tell whether your primary surgeon should perform your revision.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Revision rhinoplasty and chin implant?

your rhinoplasty can be revised to give a more feminine and attractive appearance. A chin implant would also benefit you by creating better balance in your face. Make sure you see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist who can show you many before and after photos of his work with a natural result. 

Revision rhinoplasty

It sounds as though your biggest concern is that the right side appeared to slightly more bulbous than the left.  Certainly, this can be made somewhat narrower although I would advise not to overdo tip reduction.   It would be essential to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to go over your concerns and for a in office examination.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had a rhinoplasty two years ago but I hate it. Is it possible to do or a revision on this nose?

Thick skin in the tip of the nose is a significant impediment to seeing refinement in that area, so it's very important to have realistic expectations. Consider a chin implant to help with facial balance and proportions, since the weak and recessive chin profile makes the nose look bigger than it actually is. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. For more information and many examples of revision rhinoplasty and chin implants, please see the link and the video below