I'm 22 with fatty jowls. Would facial lipo and chin implant help?

I'm really unhappy with the look of my jowls/mid to lower face in general. I carry a lot of fat around my lower cheeks/jowl area going pretty much as far as my jaw. I think facial liposuction (risky???) and a chin implant would help. I would love a slim face with structure and definition (like the model in the last pic) Also, what is the difference between chin implants and genioplasty? Is there much of a price difference between the two? Thank you in advance for your help, Michael

Chin, jowls

Your chin is definitely too small and needs augmentation and an increase in width. Implants are much easier, less risk, cheaper and very reversible. They can be done in an office under local anesthesiaThe bulges, which you call jowls, are not jowls. They appear to be bulging of the muscle, the orbicularis oris. You cannot liposuction themI would bet that once an implant is in place, those mounds would look less full

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

22 with fatty jowls. Would facial lipo and chin implant help?

Hi, based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is some excess fat below the cheeks in the lower face (jowl area) and the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles compared to the male model's face you included.  This combines to create an elongated, thin, rectangular shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.