Is it normal that one of my breast is way bigger than the other after breast implant surgery? (Photos)

I had breast implant a week ago. When I first met with my doctor he said that because one of my breast was already uneven that he would put more cc's in one breast but he finally put 375cc in both. I now have one breast way bigger than the other. I went to see him and he said it was normal since one of my breast was already bigger at first, but it was supposed to make it less visible, not more? Will my breast eventually be even? How long can it take?

Breast issue

Not sure what to say because your doctor is the best one to evaluate you knowing what the two looked like before. If it is much larger then one has to consider a hematoma or seroma.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

One breast bigger than the other following a breast augmentation

HI jessie,
 It is difficult to say exactly what is going on at this point in your post-operative course.It could be normal swelling or even the beginning of a hematoma. It takes several months for the swelling to decrease after a breastaugmentation , so what you see may not be the final result. Perhaps you should go back to your surgeon and have him/ her evaluate your post-op course.Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Is it normal that one of my breast is way bigger than the other after breast implant surgery?

Remember that no two breasts ever look the same or heal at the same rate. If one was bigger to begin with, it would be expected to look bigger after the augmentation. At this point, best to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. I advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to see their final results. If you still aren't happy at that point, best to have a discussion with your operating surgeon. Good luck!

Thank you for your question. It will be helpful to see your pre op pictures. your breasts will continue to change in the coming weeks. At this time I recommend to wait for about 3 months and reevaluate.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

It is very common to have asymmetrical swelling after breast augmentation surgery. This should subside in the coming weeks and then you will be better able to evaluate the symmetry. It is just too early to tell how much of the difference you see now is due to normal swelling and how much is due to your native asymmetry. If in six weeks you still notice the difference then you should talk to your PS about options, but for now concentrate on letting your body heal. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs.  Unfortunately without preoperative photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to determine where the size asymmetry between your breasts is derived.  This could be something as routine as asymmetrical swelling of the tissues based on the amount of dissection performed or a more concerning issue such as a discrete fluid collection.  The best course of action would be to inform your physician of your concerns. They are in the best position to make the diagnosis. 

Is It Normal That One Of My Breasts Is Bigger Than The Other After A BA?

Pre-operative pictures would be very helpful.  However, there are many plausible reasons why one breast looks bigger than the other now.
You could possibly have a seroma or even hematoma which would need to be evacuated.  It's possible that your ribs stuck out more on one side than the other.  It's also possible that intra-operatively, your plastic surgeon used sizers which indicated to him that the pre-operative theory of one size being larger than the other was incorrect.  He may have tried several different size implants on the apparent larger side which led to more swelling.  
At this point, you are in the early post-operative period when the degree of swelling on the two sides is rarely symmetrical, and until the swelling goes down, there is no way to absolutely know if your breasts are going to turn out even or not.
Stay in close contact with your personal plastic surgeon and keep him appraised of your concerns.  As Board Certified plastic surgeons, we always want the best for our patients.  Unfortunately, at some times, the best advice we can give our patients is to give your immune system time to allow the swelling to subside before any final decision is made.