Very nervous about breast augmentation - wanting children soon but also want bigger breasts now?

Hi, I have booked breast augmentation for 23 May 2016 in a very reputable polish clinic but now am very nervous and am having second thoughts. I have always wanted to improve my breast size (34AA) but they have never grown naturally! I am in my late 30s and also hoping to get pregnant in the close future. I would only want a large B cup/small C size (teardrop under the muscle) but am concerned about the risk of them looking fake or of any unwanted side effects. Any advice would be appreciated!

Pregnancy after breast augmentation isn’t a problem.

There's no reason you can't have more kids after getting breast implants. Your breast tissue may change after pregnancy or as a result with age, but that's no reason to put off being happy with your figure in the short-term. As far as getting the most natural-looking results, the answer there is pretty simple: only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon, and be sure you do your research to make sure they're excellent and reputable before you set one toe in the lobby.

Breast augmentation sizing and timing

Typically I advise patients in my practice who are hoping to start a family in the very near future to wait as the breasts undergo many changes during pregnancy and breast feeding.  In some cases women with breast implants decide to have revision surgery after pregnancy as they are unhappy with the changes in their breasts, typically breast sagging and deflation.  That said your expectations are very reasonable and its possible to achieve a natural result from breast augmentation. If you are concerned about your options and implant selection than arrange another consultation before proceeding with surgery.

3-D scan

If you are nervous about how your breasts will look after surgery it might be worth having a 3-d scan.

This is something we offer for no charge at our Clinic and it will show you how you will look with a variety of different size and shape implants in 3-D.

Good luck if you do decide to proceed with surgery.

nervous about breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Selecting an implant based on your breast dimensions and placement of the implant under the muscle (dual plane) will optimize your chances for a natural result.  Be sure to go over your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Natural Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Many patients, like you, want to achieve a fuller, but natural appearance with Breast Augmentation. Generally speaking, implants that are positioned behind the pectoral muscle (subpectoral/submuscular) tend to look more natural because they are hidden more by both muscle and breast tissue. Placing the implants under the breast itself (submammary) gives a rounder “faker-looking” breast augmentation. It’s important that if a submammary pocket is chosen¸ that you have enough upper breast tissue to cover the implant properly so that you don’t see an obvious upper edge to the implant.

Dimensional Augmentation uses specific breast measurements and takes into account your existing tissue, your frame and your desired look when planning surgery. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form-fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of what they will look like. I recommend that you discuss your goals and concerns with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

All the best