Does this mole on my right thigh look OK? (Photo)

I think it has always had a strange shape but since a small dark mole appeared overnight on my hand I thought best to get checked. I am female, 53.

When in Doubt-Get it Checked--Mole Removal with lasers, radiowave, shave

If you're concerned, I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. Moles can be improved with lasers, radiowave and shave. Best, Dr. Emer.

Does this mole look OK?

It is always difficult to tell from a photograph, so to be safe your mole should be carefully evaluated. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for irregular Borders; C for black or uneven Colors; D for Diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon