How long after a hemetoma drainage in the breast can I resume avtivities like driving?

I had breast implants last week and just got one drain because of a hematoma. My doctor wrote that I couldn't drive for 4 weeks, what's your opinion? When I first got my implants he said I could drive after 24 hours.? Thanks

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to follow your surgeons post operative instructions to the letter, as this is the best way to ensure the best possible outcome for your recovery experience.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Recovery Post Hematoma

Given the fact that you had a complication post op your Plastic Surgeon will want to ensure the best possible outcome and reduce further setbacks. I recommend that you follow their instructions.
All the best

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your hematoma issues.  I would heed the advice of your surgeon as only they know the full details of what took place with your hematoma.  It would be important to minimize any further trauma to your breast tissues in hopes that it heals as quickly as possible from the evacuation procedure and surgery.  Best wishes.

Your surgeon is the one who said you could drive at 24 hrs an now has changed it to 4 weeks. They obviously changed because of some reason that was found at the surgery for the hematoma. Your surgeon is the only one that can explain the reasoning. Good luck.

Neurosurgeon has good reasons to suggest that she wait before driving.  My guess is that he found a bleeding vessel which was cauterized or tied  and he or she is concerned that using your arms to drive could result in another bleed.  It is most important that you follow your surgeon's advice.  Do not rely on the Internet.

Ask your surgeon

You should check with your surgeon as only your surgeon would know the exact procedure performed and your medical history.

Thank you for your question.It really depends on the size and location of the haematoma with regards to resuming activities. It is best to follow your doctors advice.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon