I want younger looking breasts again after three pregnancies. Would you suggest a lift with implaints or just implants? (photo)

Thanks

The Benefits of a Breast Lift with Implants

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. An implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping.

I usually prefer to do the #BreastLift and #Augmentation together. A number of plastic surgeons prefer two operations on separate occasions. For instance: The mastopexy followed by implant surgery on a different date. These procedures are usually staged at 2-3 months minimum to allow for swelling and healing to be at a reasonable point.
My revision rate for one stage is less than 15%.Two stages is not necessary for at least 85% of the patients when performed by and experienced Plastic Surgeon.
For a #BreastLift, I prefer to use a the #LollipopScar technique, to reduce scarring. Rather than the anchor pattern which a majority of surgeons in the United States prefer to use.

It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of specialized experience with breast and cosmetic surgery. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons' actual patients, and read patient reviews.

Implants or a lift

You will need a lift either way you go, but the question is why the implants? It looks as though you already have a larger breast.

Breast augmentation

It looks like a lift would be needed in order to give you the shape that you're going for. In order to create more upper pole volume, you will need a breast augmentation and these 2 operations can be done at the same time. I would suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine the size implant that will create the look you're going for. I do not think a breast augmentation alone is a good idea.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  To improve the appearance of your breasts, a full lift is warranted in your case.  However, if you are content with the volume of your breasts, an augmentation is not necessary.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lift or lift with implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Would you suggest a lift with implaints or just implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, you have some breast ptosis (sagging breasts) which would benefit from a lift in addition to implants.  You can always just have a lift alone but if you want to go bigger, this would be combined with implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon