I want younger looking breasts again after three pregnancies. Would you suggest a lift with implaints or just implants? (photo)
Doctor Answers 7
The Benefits of a Breast Lift with Implants
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. An implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping.
I usually prefer to do the #BreastLift and #Augmentation together. A number of plastic surgeons prefer two operations on separate occasions. For instance: The mastopexy followed by implant surgery on a different date. These procedures are usually staged at 2-3 months minimum to allow for swelling and healing to be at a reasonable point.
My revision rate for one stage is less than 15%.Two stages is not necessary for at least 85% of the patients when performed by and experienced Plastic Surgeon.
For a #BreastLift, I prefer to use a the #LollipopScar technique, to reduce scarring. Rather than the anchor pattern which a majority of surgeons in the United States prefer to use.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of specialized experience with breast and cosmetic surgery. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons' actual patients, and read patient reviews.
Implants or a lift
You might also like...
Breast lift with implants
All the best,
Lift or lift with implants?
Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".
Implants alone will correct drooping when:
- Breast drooping is mild
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
- Breast drooping is moderate or severe
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
- The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I use implants in combination with a lift when:
- The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
- The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)
Would you suggest a lift with implaints or just implants?
Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, you have some breast ptosis (sagging breasts) which would benefit from a lift in addition to implants. You can always just have a lift alone but if you want to go bigger, this would be combined with implants. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!
Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift