I have moved house @ found a new doctor for my Botox. Any suggestions?

The first time i went i explained through a translater what i wanted forehead,between eyebrows & around eyes completely FROZEN i don't care if it looks like I've had botox my new dr done my botox nothing happened with my botox it just did not work,i went back a month later to see her again had to pay a top up fee,a little difference in my forehead,nothing else she assured me it would work on the second visit,it didn't please help,what questions do i ask,also i have been headaches ever since

Botox results

Botox injection for wrinkles works and when it doesn't it usually indicated to be poor injection technique or inadequate dosing. I think we would be able to give you more accurate information if you provided a set of photos and also information on the dosing used. I would also recommend that you discuss your results and concerns with your injector.

Botox and Results

Botox, when treated by an expert, should produce reliable results in subsequent treatments. I suggest following up with your physician or seeking the opinion of a second expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox and Results

It sounds as if it may have been both the amount of Botox and the placement.  I suggest you consult a specialist in cosmetic dermatology with years of experience with cosmetic injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox

Hard to say without seeing your results and knowing how it was injected for you.  I will say that it is sometimes difficult tot completely "freeze" the forehead as others muscles are sometimes recruited.

Botox Effects

Botox is one of the most reliable procedures when performed properly.  The result in terms of having a "frozen" look is dose dependent; more Botox leads to more paralysis.  If Botox is over diluted or improperly stored, the results are less predictable.  It's always a good idea to return to your Physician, and if it wasn't, I recommend seeing a Facial plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, or Dermatologist.  Good luck.  

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox/Filler Injectors

It sounds like you just need a touch up injection with a few more units. It is very important that you thoroughly research your injector before committing to any procedures. It is a good idea to research your injectors educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had treatments with that injector. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your injector and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the injector, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find an injector you are comfortable with. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with botox and dermal filler injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Botox failed effect

Botox should work as it did before and if it works in one area of the face it will in another. Be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox not working

Thank you for your questions babeer77. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Any time a patient comes to me having had Botox with another doctor I ask what areas were treated, how many units were used, and how the results turned out. Having this information is helpful because if the results were good, I am able to treat the same areas with the same dose. In our office we stand behind our treatments. If a patient receives the recommended dose of Botox and does not see improvement after two weeks we provide complimentary additional units. If you could get this information (areas treated and dose) and provide it to your new doctor, adjustments may be made if not enough units were used or all areas were not treated. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I would recommend seeking a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your results based on the amount of Botox used and a discussion of the talking points that can influence Botox's effects - dilution, placement, resistance, etc.  Hope this helps.

Botox...

Thank you for your question.  Please be evaluated by a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon as there are many reasons why the Botox may not have been effective, including incorrect dilution, improper injection points, tolerance, etc.  Once you are evaluated your board certified Dermatologist will be able to create a proper treatment plan.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon