A lot of spacing on my top row of teeth, I was considering veneers as a treatment? (Photos)

I was considering veneers in my top row of teeth to close the spacing, two of my top teeth never formed, hence the large gap. My bite isnt great, but my bottom row, although not perfect, dont bother me. Im also going to get whitening before treatment.How many veneers do you estimate I would need?On a budget!!

#Veneers vs ortho #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
The first option would include orthodontics to align your teeth and reopen the missing tooth spaces. Following this, dental implants or bridges would be recommended to replace the missing teeth. The second option would be skipping orthodontics all together and would include two 3-unit bridges and 2-4 porcelain veneers across the top (8-10 units total). Your issues would be corrected and the look your are trying to achieve would likely occur in a single appointment with a cosmetic dentist.I would recommend doing a little research on line and finding a dentist with great before and after photos.I always tell people to judge the dentist on the quality of the before and after photos of their actual patients that they supply.  This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect from the dentist that you select. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Upper Veneers

I would consider doing orthodontics first to evenly align the teeth and improve your bite, which looks to be compromised.  Depending on the final result of the veneers you will likely need some veneers.  I am not certain yet how many would be warranted.  Best of luck.  

How many veneers to correct spacing, on a budget

The best treatment for you really depends on your budget and what you can afford or are willing to spend.  Without orthodontics, your lower teeth protrude and will interfere with any veneers or bridgework placed on your upper teeth.  Your lower teeth will need to be recon toured for any treatment to be successful without orthodontics, that means some reduction of enamel from your lower front teeth.  Your least expensive alternative would be to have cosmetic bonding(full direct resin veneers, i.e. EasySmile) on your front four teeth.  Proportionately, they may not be ideal, but it would eliminate your spaces.  If you could afford it, 6 direct resin veneers would give you a better final result, allowing better proportioning  the size of your teeth. We provide a cosmetic simulation in your mouth with Custom fabricated Smile Preview Veneers.  This is done in about 5-10 minutes and would give you a good idea of how the final restorations will look, before you commit to treatment.  Depending on your budget, orthodontics, implants, and/or porcelain veneers  would give you a better long term result, but would be more expensive.  Porcelain veneers without orthodontics would require significant reduction of enamel, possibly causing sensitivity issues.  Direct resin bonded veneers eliminates this problem.

Implants are better option

It's going to be hard to make this look right without first performing some orthodontic therapy in order to open the missing tooth spaces up more so that implants can be placed and then crowns on these implants.  If you're absolutely on a budget, I suppose I may attempt to fabricate two 3 veneer Bridges. This would equate to 6 units of veneers, and I would definitely recommend adding two additional veneers on your 1st premolars to round out the case. So, a compromise treatment to try to do veneers by adding a false tooth to a veneer type Bridge would be 8 total units. The best treatment, however, would be Orthodontics and two implants with implant crowns. Take a look at the photos of my posted implant cases and you will find a case we're the same two teeth were missing and implants were used. Good luck with your case. I would recommend going to visit a cosmetic dentist for a consultation and evaluation of all the options available. Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area