I had a hair transplant 9 months ago. When I bath or shower, I see a lot of hair left in the bath and shower tray.

Can you give me advice as I am really worried. I also take 2.5 mg proscar Mon Wed Friday and use Nizoral shampoo 2 times a week Thanks

Hair

We need to evaluate every patient, see the source of the hair loss. Because there is a lot of reasons. I strongly recomend you to seek for a consultation with a Dermatologist right away!

Mexico Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for the question. I would recommend to follow up your board certified surgeon. They would be able to guide you. Good luck.

Himansu Shah, MD

If you are having hair loss issues, it is best to see your doctor for a follow up exam. The best advice is to go back to see yo

If you are having hair loss issues, it is best to see your doctor for a follow up exam.  The best advice is to go back to see your doctor for an exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

Does not really stop.  The transplanted hairs can shed and return but your native hairs can continue to shed and not return.  You can develop a plan around this directly with your doctor.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Hair loss 9 months after Hair Transplant

Hair loss is a progressive process and as you are taking finasteride, I would expect that what you are seeing is acceleration of your normal progressive process. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon