I have a problem with my left eyelid it does not open as much as the other? (Photo)

had two cases of bellpawy (excuse spelling) seven years ago and when i was young, when whole faces dropped, is this related or ptois??

You definitely have Ptosis of the left upper eyelid which is caused by a weakness or poor attachment of the Levator muscle to the eyelid.  This is, in all likelihood, unrelated to the Bell's palsy you had years ago.  The rest of your face is moving normally which indicates that you recovered well from the Bell's palsy.  Your Ptosis should be evaluated thoroughly and if there is no other treatable cause of the condition, then a simple Ptosis repair surgery can be performed to fix this.  I would recommend a consultation with your Ophthalmologist, Oculoplastic or Favial Pladtic surgeon.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

Thank you for your question.  You have ptosis, or droopiness, of the left upper eyelid.  Your condition can be corrected with ptosis surgery.  An in-person examination with your doctor would determine the function of the muscles around the eyes, and whether there are any residual effects from the Bells Palsy.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is left upper eyelid ptosis with compensatory eyebrow elevation.

A detailed consultation will determine if you also have right upper eyelid ptosis that is being compensate by motor reflexes.  It is possible that if only the left upper eyelid ptosis that is obvious is repaired, after surgery, the ptosis that may affect the right upper eyelid will become evident.  This is called Herring's law ptosis.  A detailed consultation can determine if this is likely to be an issue long before surgery.  It is important to know that this can happen to avoid surprise after surgery.

Eyelid ptosis

You have left-sided eyelid ptosis, which is correctable by a surgery called ptosis repair. It us rather unlikely that the Bell's palsy years ago caused this if you recovered completely. Irrespective of that, though, a relatively small surgery can fix the problem. I recommend you see an oculoplastic surgeon who performs ptosis repair commonly. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping eyelid after Bell's palsy

Your eyelids can become and look very asymmetric after having had Bell's palsy.  This can be due to different causes: the brow will usually sag over the eyelid, making the eyelid skin more prominent, also, the muscle that keeps the tone of your eyelids is affected, causing the skin to also look more lax. Bell's palsy should not affect the muscle that opens up your eyelid, so it should not cause "true" ptosis. looking at your picture, you definitely have a more peominent skin fold over the eyelid, abd the eyelid opening is slightly smaller.  I would recommend seeking a consultation from an oculofacial plastic surgeon who will better evaluate your condition.