How to fix my uneven smile? (Photo)

I currently have braces, and always thought my uneven smile was cause by my uneven teeth.. but turns out i was wrong. After getting braces my uneven smile can be spotted faster.. its like all my teeth tilt to the right and more gum is showen on the left.. i asked my orthodontics about it but they said theres nothing they can do. Im really self conscious about this.. is there any way to fix it?

Uneven smile, braces, options

Hi:

My suggestion is to voice your concerns to your orthodontist since you are complaining of specific problems since you started your orthodontic treatment.  You can also get another opinion from another orthodontist if you are not satified.  

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist

Crooked smile and orthodontics

Talk to your orthodontist again. Be very specific about what you see and what you want it to look like. Have them explain why your smile is crooked. 

It is very hard to tell in the photo, but it appears the front teeth are slanted away from the middle of your face. some of the problems with more gums showing on one side are actually related to your bone structure, how your lip raises when smiling and if your jaw is actually lower on one side compared to the other. 

Uneven Smile is due to underlying orthopedic issues.

Orthodontics move the teeth but much of you problem is orthopedic in nature.  You have a severely underdeveloped maxilla.  Do you have TMJ issues, headaches, migraines, neck pain or other pain issues?

I would suggest talking to your orthodontist about an orthopedic approach to your case.  You can work with an Oral Surgeon and your orthodontist and have a SARPE procedure, Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion for fastest results.

I prefer the Epigenetic Orthopedic/orthodontic approach that utilizes the DNA Appliance to orthopedically grow and increase volume of maxilla. 

Both of these procedures will help with your deep nasal labial lines, effectively increase facial symmetry and secondarily improve the ratio of your facial and nasal dimensions.

The downside to the SARPE procedure is surgical risks, pain and expense but results are very rapid.

The advantage to DNA Appliance therapy is that it is gradual and virtually pain free.  Orthodontics is four step process 1. Force 2. Inflamation 3. movement 4 Consolidation   Epigenetic orthodontics is a two step process Very light force and Growth & Movement.  This avoids the inflamation and pain.

Epigenetics takes more time and is a gradual process that resembles normal growth.  This is good because it correct previous abnormal growth.  Downside is time required and the appliance is worn 12-16 hours/ day.

It can be taken out to eat, go to work or school but needs 12 hours wear at a minimum.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO 

Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations 

Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management 

Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine 

Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics

Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain

Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health Journal

Member, American Equilibration Society Member, 

Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences