What can be done to fix my asymmetric eyes? (photo)

My right eye is very asymmetric in relation to my left, I think the outter section of the eye is ok (although maybe lacking a little muscular/ skeletal support) but the inner section goes upwards, I'm having a consultation with a maxillofacial surgeon about other problems, and I'm wondering if he would be able to help, or what can be done to fix it. It is not a birth defect, I developed this around age 14 (I believe due to jaw problems).

Doctor Answers 1

You have upper eyelid ptosis with compensatory eyebrow elevation.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Maxillofacial surgeons do many things, some better than others.  I recommend seeing a fellowship trained oculofacial surgeon for ptosis surgery.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you identify a highly qualified surgeon close to home.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.