What do I need to be doing before my tummy tuck? (Photo)

6days left to my tummy tuck i would like to no should i be eatting as normeal or only eat little bits ...

What to do before a tummt tuck procedure.

Thank you for your question. To reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. Interestingly, many of our patients are inspired to diet and exercise more diligently when they see the postoperative results of their Surgery.
A regular exercise routine is also helpful preparation. By building muscle, you increase your basal metabolic rate. This makes it easier to avoid weight gain, especially in the postoperative period when physical activity is minimal. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens the heart and promotes a faster recovery from surgery. If you have a regular exercise routine, it is much easier to resume these activities after recovering from surgery. Good luck! 

Tummytuck Preparation

To achieve the best possible result after Tummytuck , try to lose as much weight as possible, and then maintain it before and after surgery. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about diet and exercise before plastic surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Healthy Diet Before Tummy Tuck

You should follow your surgeon's recommendations. For my patients I encourage them to eat healthy and continue to do so after their surgery to maintain their new figure. I also have them take high quality vitamins, starting two weeks before surgery, however, be careful not to take anything with blood thinners in them (such as vitamin E) as that can cause complications with surgery. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

PreSurgery Diet

Before any surgery and especially before an elective surgery, you would like to be as healthy as possible. Eat healthy foods in appropriate amounts, take vitamin supplements as needed and continue an appropriate exercise routine. Any other medical issues that you may have should be addressed by your surgeon and/or primary care physician before surgery.

The better the overall condition that you are in, the better the chances for an uneventful recovery.

After surgery, follow your surgeon's advice regarding diet and activity. Ask questions and notify hin/her of anyhting that you're not sure about.

Best of Luck!

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS