Would I need a breast lift as well as an implant and which should I go for a round or tear drop? (photo)

After 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding both i have lost all volume in my breasts and would like to go to a full DD. Would i need an uplift as well as implant? What cc would be recommended and round or teardrop?

Would I need a breast lift as well as an implant and which should I go for a round or tear drop?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Lift vs implant

If you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant.

You will find more European surgeons use textured teardrop shaped implants. More US surgeons will use smooth round implnats which is my personal preference as when you place a smooth round implant under the muscle, it becomes teardrop shapped.

Dr Scott Ennis

Breast lift with implants

Thanks for your questions and photographs.  There is no substitute for a formal consultation but based on your photographs you appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast lift with implants.  The breast lift will lift and reshape your breasts and the implants will restore your lost volume.  The shape and size of your implants depends on many factors and require an in person consultation.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and options.

Implants with breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift in addition to implants.  The lift (mastopexy) would likely be limited in extent.  During your consultation, breast measurements and trying on different implant sizers should help guide the selection of the implant best for you.  Be sure to consult with an experienced certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend developing a goal of final size and shape.  Once one has an idea of the final outcome it will be easier to comment on the path to obtain the result.  In my practice I demonstrate how a lift can help to improve the sagging of the breasts.  It will not add volume.  Implants can help add volume and in some cases an implant alone may fill the breast envelope enough that a lift is not required.  Im a majority of cases a combination of a lift and an implant can achieve the desired result.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

You are an excellent candidate for breast lift surgery to change the shape.  Breast implants will add volume.  Try on sizers in your surgeon's office for a clear understanding of the volume being added.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD