Breast implant extraction enbloc.

Breast extract enbloc I have breast implants for 15 yrs and have been ill for quite some time now wish to have breast extract enbloc. Could recommend experienced surgeon not too far from ireland..thanku also interested in fat transfer.

En bloc breast implant removal...

Thank you for the question.  En bloc breast implant removal refers to a procedure where the breast implant and the surrounding capsule is removed as a single unit.  The procedures is performed such that the  contents within the breast implant capsule do not come into contact with the surrounding tissues. 

The procedure may be indicated when a patient has ruptured silicone gel breast implant, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants.

I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Breast implant extraction enbloc.

Hello! Thank you for your question! It is a matter of surgeon 
preference as well as what is seen during your procedure that will 
determine whether or not a complete capsulectomy is performed. If 
significant capsule formation is seen intraoperatively, a full capsule 
removal may be warranted with a drain in order to completely remove all 
of the tissue and allow better adherence of your breast back to its 
normal anatomic position down on your chest wall. If minimal contracture
is seen, it may be possible to leave the capsule, or place cuts within 
the capsule to allow better adherence. It truly is dependent on what is 
seen with your capsule and the issues that may be causing you to have 
such a procedure (e.g., contracture from rutptured implant vs pain vs 
simple pocket adjustment, etc). 

Without knowing your issues and
without an examination, it is difficult to tell you what may be the 
best thing for you. I tend to favor performing capsulectomies (in an en bloc fashion) in order 
to create a fresh pocket, reshape the pocket, allow better shape and 
adherence of the overlying breast. I would discuss your issues with your
plastic surgeon who will assist you in determining the right modality 
for you. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Enbloc

There are a number of PS in Ireland who would be able to give you an opinion and I would advise using a registered IAPS member - link below. Happy to see you in Manchester. If you need enbloc you may be better to let things settle before considering fat transfer - depends a little on how much fat you have and how much asymmetry you have.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon