One breast higher then other?

Hi i goy my implants done 3 months ago as one breast was a A cup and the other breast a B cup.The doctor decided to put 300cc in B cup and 400cc in the A cup.The problem is that the 400cc implant is higher and bigger then the other one how long before considering corrective sugery.Thank you for any information

Revision breast surgery

Thank you very much for your question.

I am sorry to hear about your concern. Depending on the technique used by your surgeon, the time for settling of your implants into their final position can change.

At 3 months your should have an idea of how and if things are changing. If you trust your surgeon your should simply follow his advice. If you seek a second opinion I would expect the new surgeon to keep you under observation for the next 3 months before proceeding with revision surgery.

It is essential to exclude that the "higher" breast does not have a capsular contracture.

I hope you found this email useful and I wish you all the best with your result.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are half way  in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

One breast higher then other?

Just remember that no two breasts ever look the same or heal at the same rate. Larger implants may take longer to settle so give yourself a good 6 months to see your final shape. If you still aren't happy with your results, best to see your operating surgeon at that time to discuss ways to improve your look. Good luck!

One breast Higher than the other

Thank you for your question, you should consider that after surgery your breasts usually drop a little and they do it at different times, I would recommend you to wait at least 3-6 months until they settle in their final position and them evaluate the results, if you feel disappointed and unhappy with the results you can always talk with your board certified plastic surgery. 

Rafael Gottenger, MD

One breast implant higher then other?

I am sorry to hear a few dissatisfaction with your breast augmentation.  I would wait until your 6 months after surgery before considering a revision.  Please asking her plastic surgeon if you may start breast implant displacement exercises and the use of a Bando to help the larger implant drop. To learn more about breast asymmetry please read below:

Correcting differences in breast size and position

For corrective surgery, you may have to wait 3 more months (at least 6 months). This is because it can take the breasts 3-6 months to achieve their final results.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates.

Please give time for the “drop and fluff.”

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

If any implant does not drop with time, then it may be the case that the muscle attachments or the inframammary fold attachments are really strong and they may be preventing the implant from dropping completely. You may require an IMF release in the future to symmetrize the breasts if it does not get better for time.

Also please note that if you have saline implants, the surgeon can withdraw some of the solution to equalize the size of the breasts. If you have silicone implants, a new, but smaller implant will be needed.

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD