Will my breast drop to match the other one?

I've always had one breast larger than the other, around 2 cup sizes and yesterday I had a breast reduction on my larger breast, I've just been shown my results today and I'm shocked at how much higher the reduced one now is compared to my other breast, will this drop over time so they look symmetrical? Or will it always be higher?

Post op

It will take that breast months to heal and assume its final shape and position. Dont worry about what you see on day one. It will change.

One Breast Larger than the Other Post Breast Reduction

It is common for each breasts to heal differently from one another. One #breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
Additionally, the final shape and size of the breasts will be reached approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear about the discrepancy in your breasts after your breast reduction.  Initially, there is swelling and things do change slightly after a few months.  It's hard to say in your case without photos.  Wait at least 3-6 months after surgery before making any final judgement on your breast appearance.  Discuss any concerns with your surgeon as revision is always an option if necessary.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast dropping

Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster.