Assuming that the Fraxel laser would be the only option to make a sunburn on a surgical scar go away, would it make it go away?

to the point where the scar would look like someone had used mederma spf 30 right after having cosmetic surgery or not? how good and effective is the frexall laser assuming it was the only option then assuming it was the only option? would it make the scar look like sunburn had never taken place in the first place to begin or not? what procedure other than the frexall laser would be able to do this if its a tiny sunburn spot on the facial area like the cheek? can a doctor please tell me.

Fraxel for sunburn scar

It is unclear what type of scar you are wanting to remove, your surgical scar that has a sunburn, or sun spots on the surgical scar. If you sunburned, you have to wait for your skin to stop being red and inflamed, then you can proceed with laser treatment for scar removal. Fraxel laser is good for different types of scars, including age and sun spots, acne scars, freckles, etc. I would suggest you to make an appointment with an expert to get the proper treatment for your desired results. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your query. It would be appreciated if you can send in your picture, but from your explanation I suggest you can go in for spot peels as they help in lightening up the mark but the line of treatment can change after seeing the scar. Hope it helps

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Redness in scar

Red scars requires a laser made to improve red. That would be the Excel V or VBeam. It requires 2-3 treatments. A Fraxel will help the scar appear flatter but won't help red at all. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Scars and Treatment with Lasers

I treat scars all day long and each scar is different. While I love Fraxel it is not always the right laser for every scar. An in person consultation is necessary to determine the correct laser based device.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD