Would I need to have juvederm topped up after 12 months?

would you need to get it topped up after 12 months ? if not does your natural lip sag? or deflate ? do your lips go back to the way they where before juvederm?

Juvederm and Lips and

Juvederm generally lasts 9 to 12 months in a given area.  The product will slowly dissolve in the area and then you will need a touch up of Juvederm.

Juvederm Touch Ups

Juvederm lasts 9-12 months and will need more as the filler starts to go down in that time period.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Filler in lips

The lips will likely go back to normal when the filler dissolves.  You can have filler added when you start to see the lips deflate.

Would I need to have juvederm topped up after 12 months

How long a filler lasts depends greatly on the area injected. Lips, due to the frequent pursing, is an area where length of filler is relatively short. Most patients require repeat injections in 3-4 months. If you let it totally dissolve, the lips juts go back to their original shape.

Julio Garcia, MD

Repeating Juvederm after 12 months

The hyaluronic acid fillers typically last 9-12 months in most regions of the face. It is not unusual to get repeat injections at this interval. These types of fillers are all temporary and will completely dissolve over time. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Juvederm

Thank you for the question. Juvederm seems to last about 6 months in the lips, but will last longer if the lips are over-filled. This gives an artificial appearance and is not worth the extra time. The lips return to the pre-treatment appearance after the Juvederm has dissapaited. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck.

Do you need to have your Juvederm redone in a year?

You may get Juvederm redone as often as you feel you need to. One hyaluronic acids wear off, your lips should resume to how they were previously. I wouldn't anticipate additional "sagging". However, if you initially received the filler to help with fine lines around the mouth, they may come back. Best of luck!

Juvederm Advice!

Juvederm is one of several hyaluronic acid injectables available for facial rejuvenation. The lips are a very common region to treat with filler. The average life expectancy after a treatment can vary from person to person but overall can last anywhere from 6-12 months. 

Typically the affects of Juvederm fade over time and repeat treatment is an option. Your lips are likely to return to their pre-treatment state after about 1 year. The natural aging process of the face and lips continues but Juvederm itself does not enhance aging or cause increased 'sagging.'

See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in injections.

Good luck!

Mohit Sood, DO, FACOS
Atlantic City Plastic Surgeon