Advice on rhino plastic/ nose bump removal? (Photo)

Can someone please advise on what might be best for my nose. My main concern is the look from the side, the bump in the middle. I don't mind how my nose looks face on but it is the side that I don't like at all. I would like it's to slope down and just remove the bump. I dont want to get my nose broken as this is more invasive, I want it to be subtle! Is that possible? The tip is very bulbous but I don't think I can do much with it without looking 'fake' even though I'd like to. Thank you

Hump Removal

Hi Cocoem,

Based from your photos, a conservatively simple hump contouring can be done to correct your dorsal hump, without necessarily breaking the bone. Your nose tip can also be made more defined and small using closed technique tipplasty, and both the hump and the tip can be done together if you want.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

Thank you very much for sharing your pictures with us.

The nose is a very complex structure and in the very most of the cases it is not possible to change one component without touching the surrounding ones.

Of course it should not look fake at all, and this is why you will need to refer to a board certified plastic surgeon with a clear interest in rhinoplasty and able to show you many pictures of his work.

With best regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

There is a minimal nasal hump and the alar base -nasal tip is wider than it should be.

Here you do not need Osteotomi for your procedure.

The nasal hump should be reducted with rasping, nasal tip should be reshaped and the alar base should be narrowed.

An evaluation of breathing and intranasal examination or CT could help us more for a precise surgery plan.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Consultation

A refinement rhinoplasty performed by an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon can help you achieve your goals of profile improvement with a supra-tip break, dorsal reduction of the nasal bones and conservative, but appropriate tip modifications to blend your final results to a natural appearing nose. You may need tip support via a strut graft to help with slight tip changes while smiling. 

Cephalic cartilage reduction of the lower lateral cartilages, along with non-overdone suture modification can improve the tip bulbousness without looking fake. Osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones, may not be necessary, but you should discuss this with your doctor. 

Consult with an expert and view computer imaging changes to your profile. You are correct that from the front view, you have a very nice nose. An expert plastic surgeon can refine your nose consistent with your goals and preserve your beautiful features in the frontal view. Avoid an over done look and you should do well! Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon