6 weeks post bilateral mullerectomy (Photo)

6 weeks post bilerateral mullerectomy for ptosis, I now have excess skin folds on my lids My surgeon suggests removing this skin (only skin/pinch) Will this work in my case,or will it cause new issues

Excess skin after mullerectomy

It appears you have significant excess skin on both upper eyelids. This can be addressed with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty. However, it your post-operative photos, it appears that you still have fairly significant ptosis, worse on the left than on the right. This suggests that the mullerectomy was not successful in correcting the ptosis. In fact, your ptosis looks worse after surgery than prior to surgery. If this is the case, you will need not only an upper eyelid blepharoplasty but a repeat ptosis repair, best from the anterior (front) surface of the eyelid. As there will be scarring in the plane of the muscle which controls your eyelid opening, you should seek an experienced oculoplastic surgeon who will be able to handle this more complicated case. Good luck!

Danbury Oculoplastic Surgeon

If your photos are properly labeled, you are in trouble.

The photo labeled post op demonstrates severe upper eyelid ptosis and excess upper eyelid skin. If these are correctly labeled, no I would not let this particular surgeon continue to operate on you.  A "skin pinch" is not what you need.  What you need is eyelid reconstruction.  I would recommend letting these eyelids heal more (at least 6 months) and seek second opinions.  You are going to need the most experienced ptosis surgeon you can find to have these eyes reconstructed.  The only thing I can think of to account for these changes is that the mechanical manipulations of the ptosis surgery causes a disinsertion of the main tendon that raises the upper eyelid, the levator aponeurosis.  Please consider reposting here on Realself regarding what you learn in you consultations.