6 days post rhinoseptoplasty; is this the right thing to do?

I had suregery to fix a deviated awptium and hump on my nosw. Today i had the internal splints removed by the surgeon. My nose is still slightly crooked 3/4 down. The surgeon advised that i nees to keep pressing the crroked spot in the opposite direction at least 20 times a day for the next 2/3 weeks to see will it straighten it up any. Is this the right thing to do????

Post op swelling

It is always best to follow the advice of the surgeon that performed your operation. He or she best knows exactly what was done at surgery and will best able to advise you during the healing phase.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I would follow the instructions of your surgeon, applying pressure can help your nose straighten during your healing period. You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side my heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

6 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD