4 days post, can't sleep. Is it OK to sleep on my side? (Photo)

4days post cant sleep is it ok to sleep on my side no drains not sore at all had fully tummy tuck . Lipo and flanks

Try to sleep in a flexed position after a tummy tuck

Obviously it is important to mention first and foremost that your primary surgeon should be the one to guide your postoperative care and instructions.  That being said, to echo what many on this forum will likely tell you, sleeping in a flexed position is important to minimize tension on your abdominal closure.  This can mean sleeping on your side in the fetal position or it can mean sleeping in an upright position with you bent at the waist/flexed at the hips.  Hope this helps and good luck on a smooth recovery!

Sleeping Position after Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

• Sleeping on your side is just fine after a tummy tuck.
  • You'll definitely be most comfortable sleeping in the "fetal position" with your hips bent to help relieve tension on the incision. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Sleeping after tummy tuck

This is an excellent question. You look fantastic and to keep those results you will need to heal without causing stress across the incision. Sleeping on your side could create undo tension along the incision line. Generally we would like to keep away from any activity or positioning for 3 weeks postoperative. I wish you well

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Sleeping

Thank you for your question.  It is important to sleep in the flexed position to avoid tension on your skin closure. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your post-operative positioning and level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.